Saturday, September 17, 2011

Let the Wild Rumpus Start!...


My sweet and handsome brother-in-law, Scott, celebrated a birthday this week and I made him a card that I hoped would remind him of the fabulous vacation he and his fiancee, Marlene, took to St. Thomas a couple weeks ago. He knows how to have a good time, so I thought the sentiment on this darling stamp from Taylored Expressions was more than appropriate!
After stamping and coloring with Copics, I tore around the edges of the image freehand to give it a bit of a "castaway" look. I paired it with some cool patterned paper and a wood sheet to keep up the theme and added a ribbon and some cool eyelets for what I hoped was a fun masculine card for the uncle whom my son has always called "Uncle Soggy." Happy Birthday, Sogster!

BEAN NOTES
Stamps: The Places You'll Go (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
Patterned Paper: Salt Air (Cosmo Cricket)
Specialty Paper: Wood Sheet (SU!)
Cardstock: Bleu Bayou (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah)
Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)
Fibers: Soft Sky Stitched Ribbon (SU!)
Accents: Eyelets (generic)

4 comments:

Linda Monroe said...

This is a really nice card. Love the wood and the brads here. The image and the tear effect are fab...

Wanda Guess said...

This is totally adorable! And I just love that photo of your son on the canvas - thanks for sharing that!

Lisa Lara said...

I love your coloring and the torn out panel. How awesome Regina. Great idea. TFS.

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

Love the torn sheet, and your coloring is right on spot! Great card! ;o)