Friday, September 16, 2011

Review: Photos on Canvas...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo
One of the really fun sides of having a blog is that from time to time I get contacted by companies asking me to review their products. I'm choosy, because I think it's a lot to ask of my readers who come here looking for inspiration for paper-crafts to read about something different, though I will occasionally consider reviewing something that I think would make a nice gift. So today I am sharing something that I was really impressed with. As always, if you have any questions about this product, how it works, or the details of this review process, feel free to shoot me an email!
If you do read TSB regularly, you know I love to include photos in my projects, so I was immediately intrigued by the idea of turning photos to canvas. The nice folks at Easy Canvas Prints offered to send me an 8" x 10", but I opted to pay extra out of my own pocket for a larger, 12" x 18" canvas as I was hoping the results would be good enough to hang up in my home in a specific location.
The process was fairly easy. There are base settings included for free, but many things are customizable. After choosing my size, I added a gallery wrap for an extra charge, which thickened the canvas an extra inch. Though I didn't choose to use any, the company also offers photographic touch-ups and can change a photograph to black & white, etc.
For my canvas, I used one of my favorite photographs, which is of my son walking along one of the huge bluffs at Arches National Park. I love the sheer size of the walls surrounding him and it's a great memory of a wonderful experience. After placing my order, the finished canvas arrived fairly quickly and, perhaps most impressively, very well wrapped and protected. The image, despite having been enlarged and placed on canvas, was crisp and beautiful.
I do think these prints would make very special gifts, especially for grandparents or for a wedding. If you asked me if they are very affordable, I would be hesitant to answer that as what is affordable to one person may not be to another. However, I did feel that for the money, the canvas was high quality and it will be a pleasure to hang it up in our home.


3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

oh Regina...this turned out magnificent. I have never heard of this. What a brilliant idea. Yours is stunning...great photo choice.

itsallrosi said...

looks great!

Basement Stamper said...

this turned out fantastic, love the rocks with the little guy in front of it. I bet it hanging on your wall looks great!