Tuesday, January 24, 2012

XOXO...


There are a few "moxie fab" challenges going on over on Moxie Fab World and I was inspired by two of them to create this monochromatic Valentine's Day card for the Paper Creations Ink Love & Romance Challenge. I combined the Die-Cutting and Embossing challenges to see if I could create a highly textured card all in one color!

I first chose a color -- red was my original choice, but then I decided that pink would offer a more subtle and pretty effect and I was glad I did. I used some new nesting dies to cut out a bevy of different sized hearts, both scalloped and laced.
Now, because I was working with only one color, I needed to add some texture and dimension for the card to work. I ran some of the hearts through with some embossing folders and also nested some of the hearts to create cut-outs. I used foam tape to pop up some of the hearts and made sure to layer others. With some simple die-cut letters, I spelled out my "hugs and kisses" for a soft, sweet, and very pink love card!
BEAN NOTES
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up!); Dies: Nesting Lace Hearts, Nesting Scalloped Hearts, Nesting Hearts, Santa's Workshop Alphabet (Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz); Templates: Dots, Stripes Embossing Folders (Lifestyle Crafts/Quickutz)

Pin It

10 comments:

Jodi Collins aka Kharmagirl said...

Love this monochromatic beauty and all the texture on this!!

Kathy Martin said...

Love the tone on tone!

wandaguess said...

OMG I'm swoooooning! This is breath-taking! WOW! You mastered and ROCKED the monochromatic idea! Love this one Bean. See you soon! ♥

Yvonne Hagane said...

WOW! This is so so sweet - it looks like candy :) Well done!

Ruza's Craft Corner said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the different hearts popping off the card! ;o)

salmaashiq said...

Your card look like as a candy:):):):)Have you same like this card in red color?????

Plastic Card Printing
Plastic card

Karen Hasheck said...

Awesome card for our Love/Romance challenge! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink!

Paper Creations Ink said...

Thank You For Joining Paper Creations Ink; We Always Enjoy Seeing Your Creative Talents! We hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

Cath said...

Hey Regina! Thanks again for linking this up to the Die Cutting Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Diane Watt said...

Sooo "Hearty-Cute" and love the monchromatic "pink"! :0)