Friday, May 25, 2012

You Make Me Smile...


TGIF! I have had a good week, but I am really looking for this weekend. My little rugrat is going to a birthday party for one of his rugrat friends, a darling little girl. I know that she will get a ton of cards with princesses and mermaids, and I thought she'd like a "big girl" card for a bit of a change.
I was inspired by this week's fabulous Monday Card Madness sketch from the
ScrapBookSteals.com blog:


Now, I am still a girly-girl at heart, so I did want to include an element of "cuteness" in this card, so I grabbed my Fruity Friends set from Taylored Expressions and paper-pieced this darling little strawberry.
I love the sketch -- it's so whimsical and fun. I did decide to leave off the little embellishment elements as the birthday girl has a very curious (and orally obsessed) little sister!


BEAN NOTES
Stamps: Fruity Friends (Taylored Expressions)
Patterned Paper: Note to Self (Echo Park)
Cardstock: Ocean Tides (PTI); Choice Buttercream (Taylored Expressions); Poppy Parade, Kiwi Kiss (Stampin' Up!)
Fibers: Grosgrain Ribbon (Stampin' Up!)
 Ink: Rich Cocoa Memento (Tsukineko)
Tools: Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers)
Dies: Fly Your Flag 2 Dies (Taylored Expressions)


4 comments:

Bananastamper said...

So cute! Love the strawberry! Have a great weekend!

http://bananastamper.blogspot.ca/

Unknown said...

Super sweet! ;o)

Laurel Geisbush said...

It's very cute! She's going to love getting your card.

Anonymous said...

REEEEEEEALLY cute card Bean! I love it! Have fun at the party and hope you guys have a great long weekend! XOXO