Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wishful Thanks...Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 1!


Happy Tuesday! It's day one of sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions and I have two projects to share with you today. 
The first one is a Christmas card I made with my mom-in-law in mind. I gave her one of these very cool Shadowbox Card kits for Mother's Day and I got to create one for this week's Release!


The inside of the kit is so lovely because of the depth and dimension. I used one of the beautiful sentiments in the new Rejoice! stamp set. 


Here is the outside of the assembled card. I used the new Label Stacklets 1 and another sentiment from Rejoice! 


The opened card is very striking -- the green holly and the cream holly are cut from the gorgeous new Holly Cutting Plate. I added some red Stickle holly berries and it really pops!



I just know that my mom-in-love will love this at the holidays!

Next up is a card I created with a really fun new set, Best Nests


This set is full of darling birdhouses and I used the sweet autumn house. Isn't it sweet? I created this card with my parents in mind. Thanksgiving is the most important holiday of the year to our family -- we always try to spend it together. I colored in the image with Copics and I cut it out using the Labels Stacklets one from the papers included in the new Handmade Holiday Project Pantry Kit.

Come back tomorrow for another sneaky peekie! Today, be sure to go check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen's creations. All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, October 4th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.


BEAN NOTES
Merry Christmas Shadow Box Card
Stamps: Rejoice! (Taylored Expressions); Kit: Christmas Shadow Box Card Kit; Ink: Lady Bug Memento (Tsukineko); Accents: Stickles (Ranger); Dies: Labels Stacklets 1, Holly Cutting Plate (Taylored Expressions)

Grateful For You Card
Stamps: Best Nests (Nancy McKinney for Taylored Expressions); Patterned Papers, Ribbon and Cardstock: Handmade Holiday Project Pantry Kit (Taylored Expressions); Labels Stacklets 1 (Taylored Expressions); Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)

Carolyn King - Guest Designer
Jami Sibley - DT Coordinator
Nancy McKinney - Illustrator



13 comments:

Sankari W. said...

OOO!!! This kit is just gorgeous and I love how you decorated the inside and the sweet holly cutting plate addition on the doors is lovely! LOVEW your pop out on the second card - just soooo cute!!!

Carolyn King said...

I love that fantastic shadowbox shaped card! Soo cool! Great colors on the second---love how you framed that cute image too!

Melody said...

Love what you did with the shadow box and the birdhouse is adorable.

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Regina! Love the shadowbox card and how you added the holly! The second one is just darling!

wendy said...

gorgeous shadow box card! lovin those cute bird houses too

Billie A said...

OH MY the card for our MIL is gorgeous. I love all the details. Stunning. and your other card is darling. Love the bird house.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bean! WOW!!!! Love that shadow box card so much. It's fabulous. Your bird house card is sweet and charming... Happy release week friend! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bean! WOW!!!! Love that shadow box card so much. It's fabulous. Your bird house card is sweet and charming... Happy release week friend! :-)

Shelly said...

Regina, your shadowbox card is stunning, I just want to keep looking at it! Love the fall colors in the bird house card too, so cute!

Shannon White said...

Ooooh Regina! These are both so Fabulous!! LOVE your shadow box card! the holly plate die cuts look Amazing! And your fall card is Way too CUTE!! Love that ho you popped it up and created the window! So clever and love the dp's too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Jodi Collins said...

SUPER super cute Regina! LOVE the shadowbox card!! Your fall birdhouse card makes me smile as well, great papers!

Jami said...

Love what you did with that shadowbox card. I hadn't thought about using only sentiments on it, but it's perfect. I also had not thought of cutting pieces from that holly die, which seems so obvious once I saw what you did! Your birdhouse card is so cute - love that it's fall, but still has a light color scheme.

Taylor said...

Love how you used only portions of the holly plate on your shadowbox card! Such a great idea! And I love your fall bird house. Clever to cut the larger frame and pop the image inside of it!!