Saturday, November 17, 2012

i-Challenge Weekend with Imaginisce...a Color Challenge!


Welcome to the Imaginisce i-Challenge! I am so delighted to be hosting a challenge for this fun-filled weekend and I hope you will join me for one of my favorite types of challenges: a Color Challenge! We hope you have fun -- keep reading for rules (and best of all...PRIZES!)

Here is the Challenge Color Palette:


As I mentioned, color challenges are one of my own personal favorites, so I was really excited to get to host my own for Imaginisce! To begin, I chose a bold color palette, which I thought would work well for two different projects: a card and a layout. I wanted colors that would be both complimentary and a little off the beaten path for Halloween and for Fall. 


I created this Happy Fall card using papers from the Monster Mash collection - I just love when I can use one kind of collection for many different occasions! The "tree" is actually a die-cut leaf from the Ghoulish Delights pack. I added some of the wee Chopboard chipboard sticker leaves and penned in some breezy trails. I thought the addition of black in the color palette would make for an unusual color combination for an autumn card!

Next up is a simple layout using the same colors:


To scrap my son's Halloween photo, I again turned to Monster Mash. I love that the colors are not just the traditional orange and black. I let the Ghoulish Delights die-cuts work their magic and, for something a little different, wrote my journaling along the upper edges of the circles in the Tricks & Treats patterned paper.



For my challenge, I have a pretty nifty prize for one lucky winner -- a CutBright Rotary Cutter! This is a fabulous tool:


Plus, if you complete ALL the challenges for the weekend (check out the Facebook Event page or the Imaginisce Blog) you'll be entered to win this amazing Grand Prize:


I hope you will join me for this Color Challenge -- I can't wait to see what you create!

BEAN NOTES
Supplies: all supplies are Imaginisce Monster Mash collection unless otherwise noted.
Cardstock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Accents: Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls (Ranger)

Rules for the i-Challenge Weekend.

1. Follow the challenge guidelines that are given with each challenge. For this Color Challenge, create a card or a layout using the Color Palette shown above.

2. Post your finished project on the challenge thread in the Facebook Event(* if you do not have a Facebook account  please email your projects our Design Team Coordinator,  Cari Locken at cari_locken@yahoo.ca . You can also comment on this post with a link to your project)

3. We would also like to see you share/post your finished challenge projects on your personal blogs and other online galleries/sites. Please share with us where you've shared them.

4.  Deadline for challenge submssions is Wednesday, Nov. 21st 12pm PST.


No comments: