Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Memorable Birthday


There are a lot of birthdays coming up in our family and I thought I'd try to get ahead and make some simple, pretty birthday cards to get a jump on all those celebrations. I reached for this month's Stamp of the Month set, Make it Memorable, from Taylored Expressions, which has such lovely images. 
I paired the set with the coordinating March Key Ingredients paper -- and let the patterned paper do the work for me.


Sometimes, when I want to add just a little accent to an otherwise simple card, I take some glitter glue and place dots of sparkle within a stamped image. It's amazing what such a tiny bit of attention will do to a card. Liquid dimensionals also work really well for this, but if you are a little worried about keeping a stead hand, glitter glue (like Stickles) is very forgiving!

BEAN NOTES:
Stamps: Make It Memorable (March Stamp of the Month from Taylored Expressions); Cardstock & Patterned Paper: from March Key Ingredients Kit by Taylored Expressions); Ink: Early Espresso, Rose Red, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!); Accents: Diamond Stickles (Ranger), brads (generic); Dies: Make it Memorable coordinating dies (Taylored Expressions)

No comments: