Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Endless Summer


My Imaginisce teammates and I are having a ball this week celebrating the new collection, Endless Summer! I have two projects to share today and I hope they have you dreaming of summer sunshine!


It's been such a cold winter for so many of my friends, I was especially glad to see the warm, bright, happy colors in the Endless Summer collection. I thought I would create a card for one of my good friends still weathering the winter in the northeast to help warm her up and get her dreaming about summer. 


I adore the darling sun Snag 'Em stamp and thought it would make the perfect focal point for a happy card. I stamped the image twice, once on yellow and again on orange cardstock. To get more dimension, I used foam tape to pop up the smiling face and snipped in between all the rays before bending the solid ones forward. Adding the "sunshine" sentiment stamp and some glitter made the whole thing pop off the patterned paper!


My little rugrat has been learning how to swim and I've been waiting for the perfect collection to use to help me capture his experience. The wave paper from Endless Summer was just the ticket. 


I had a great underwater photo as well as one of him earning a ribbon. It was tricky using two such different photos, but I solved my dilemma by placing the swimming photo behind vellum. I also placed some of the patterned wave paper behind vellum as well, which gave the otherwise simple layout some interesting design elements. 


I love the chipboard stickers from this collection and the words "Live, Love, Swim" made for a terrific title. For a final accent to the page, I used the one of my i-Top punches to create these little elements, which reminded me of "paddle wheels." 


BEAN NOTES
Snag 'Em Sunshine Card
Patterend Paper: (Endless Summer collection) Imaginisce; Cardstock: (orange, yellow, white) Stampin' Up!; Stamps: (sun and "sunshine" from Endless Summer); Dies: Cloud Border, Cloud Duo (Taylored Expressions), label die (Stampin' Up!); Accents: (stickles, liquid pearls) Ranger; Ink: (white hybrid) PTI

Live Love Swim Layout
Patterend Paper: (Endless Summer collection) Imaginisce; Cardstock: (green, orange red) American Crafts; Dies: (alphabet) Lifestyle Crafts; Tools: (i-Top Paper Punch) Imaginisce; Stickers: (chipboard stickers from Endless Summer collection) Imaginisce; Specialty Paper: (vellum) PTI; Fibers: (embroider floss) generic; Accents: (Mister Huey) Studio Calico


I hope you enjoyed my projects today! Be sure to visit the Imaginisce blog this week for lots of Endless Summer eye candy!


No comments: