Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Lucky You!


This week, my fellow teammates at Imaginisce are cooking up some St. Patrick's Day inspiration!


St. Patty's Day is always a fun holiday -- though in our house it's really more about another excuse to eat chocolate! I wanted to create a fun little card to give to my son, who is a choco-holic. I began by choosing some fun (and green, of course!) patterned paper from the Childhood Memories collection and die-cut my card base. 


Then I created a "pot o' gold" by simply punching out an oval from some black cardstock and adhering a trimmed oval piece -- I filled it with some metallic Glam Rocks and added a die-cut rainbow. The alpha stickers were just perfect for my "Lucky You" sentiment, which I thought was a fitting accompaniment to the shiny gold "coin" hidden inside the card!



BEAN NOTES
Patterend Paper: (Childhood Memories collection); Fibers: (green/white twine) The Twinery; Cardstock: (black, white) Stampin' Up!; Stickers: (alphabet from Childhood Memories); Dies: Tuck & Close Notecard, rainbow from Sunny Days (Taylored Expressions); Accents: (metallic Glam Rocks); Tools: (i-Rock), Oval Punch (EK Success); Other: (chocolate coin) generic

I hope you enjoyed my lucky ducky card today. Be sure to check out the Imaginisce Blog this week to see how else you can get your Irish on!

2 comments:

marilynwillauer said...

This is SOOOOO cute!!!

BJ Searcy said...

I agree with marilynwillaur this is soooo cute!!! Thanks for sharing.