Monday, April 13, 2015

Lucky #7


Hi there, crafty friends! It's been a while since I've had time to scrapbook and I was glad to get a chance to create a page for my little guy's seventh birthday. This simple-looking layout actually took me much longer than usual because of its simplicity! I have loved the stark, clean & simple look of layouts that I have been seeing all over Pinterest, so I thought I'd give it a try myself. After a LOT of moving things around, I settled on a strung banner and die-cut numbers.


I started with the photograph, which is my favorite of him from his special day. I printed it out twice, once in black & white and then in color. I die-cut the image using the new P&P - Stitched Essentials from Taylored Expressions. (Love the stitching!) Using a hole punch, I punched out a portion of the photograph in color and then adhered it to the black & white image with foam tape. This is a fun technique to really spotlight a portion of a photograph.


Again I turned to Stitched Essentials to create the darling little banners in my title. The alphabet fit just perfectly. The numbers came from the new Just a Number die set from TE, too. Going for a white-on-white look was just what I was going for so that I could highlight the number "7". 
I used a large-format printer for my journaling, which is printed directly on the page. A bit of baker's twine finished off the page and I love how it turned out!



Thanks for stopping by, friends! Have a lovely day filled with happy beans.





2 comments:

Miriam Prantner said...

Great layout! I love the subtle white number and the banner!

Elson Cade said...

Derkson Fencing Company offers vinyl PVC, regina fence installers and chain link fencing in Regina, Saskatchewan. Here are some option to pvc fence regina, vinyl fence regina, regina fence installers, Derkson Fencing Company - Fence Installer.