Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek Day 2: Up Up & Away!


Can you believe it's April? We had a fun Easter and now it's Spring Break! I got to get into my craft space a bit and play along this week with Taylored Expressions for Release Week. Today I decided to share a shaker card I created with the very darling soon-to-be-released Sky High dies and Sky High Sentiments stamps!


I chose my colors based on the fun patterned paper from the For Peep's Sake Patterned Paper Pack. I began by cutting and constructing my hot air balloon.


I die-cut the frame of the balloon 5 times and adhered them together to form the container for the sequins. I prefer this method over the foam tape method because it's a lot less time consuming and I think it looks neater. I added a die-cut acetate window and added the sequins just before adhering that panel to seal things up nicely. To create my fun "stitched" white panel, I used the new P&P Stitched Essentials die and ran the panel through with Build A Scene Rolling Clouds at an angle. 


Using an old favorite, Cloud Duo, I die-cut some clouds to pop up with foam tape for some dimension. I used the new Raindrops Embossing Folder on my Cookie Monster cardstock panel, which I think lent the whole scene some movement. (I angled the panel inside the folder to give a slant to the rain!)


I had a ton of fun creating this shaker card. Check out the TE Blog for a list of all the designers showing off Release Week inspiration (and you could win a prize, too!) New products will be available this Thursday! Happy beans, friends!





2 comments:

Kim S said...

Such a cute scene! I love the way you have done the big cloud and the raindrop backgroupd!

Elson Cade said...

Derkson Fencing Company offers vinyl PVC, regina fence installers and chain link fencing in Regina, Saskatchewan. Here are some option to pvc fence regina, vinyl fence regina, regina fence installers, Derkson Fencing Company - Fence Installer.