to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
I don't post very many scrapbook pages, but I wanted to put this one up in honor of my little rugrat's first complete week of pre-school. I'm still a little shell-shocked at how quickly he is growing up, and, when I saw this challenge from The Studio Challenge, to scrapbook a perfect day that hasn't happened yet, I couldn't resist.
For my page, I was inspired by these photos of my little man playing his "guitar." I love how he rocks out, and I wanted the pics to be the star of the show. To me, the perfect day is any in which my little boy is as happy and delighted with life as he was the day I took these pictures. I know life is going to get harder and harder as he grows up, and I hope that he can hold on to as much of his joy as he can.
I knew right away that one of my favorite Taylored Expressions sets, You're My Hero, would be just perfect for a page featuring my 'lil rock star.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Stamp background onto patterned paper. Stamp sentiment.
- Adhere gemstones.
- Stamp guitars and color. Fussy cut and paper piece each guitar. Adhere with foam tape.
- Print and trim photos. Mat with card stock and metallic paper. Adhere with foam tape.
- Stamps: You're My Hero (Taylored Expressions)
- Card Stock: Classic Red (Prism); Choice Snow White (TE)
- Patterned Paper: (unidentified)
- Specialty Paper: Pink Metallic (DCWV)
- Specialty Ink: Encore! Bronze Metallic (Tsukineko)
- Dye Ink: Memento London Fog (Tsukineko)
- Color Medium: Metallic Pens (Sakura)
- Accenta: Clear Gemstones (Hero Arts)
- Other: Photographs