to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
I was so thrilled and honored when JustRite Stampers invited me to be a part of their 12 Weeks of Christmas Blog Hop. They have put together an incredible line-up of designers who, over twelve Wednesdays until Thanksgiving, will showcase some of the most creative Christmas ideas and projects out there using the JRS Christmas Collection of stamps. This week features most of the Copic design team and Certification Instructors! Lucky me, I get to be a part of it this week, too, and I wanted to make a special card.
I love it when an idea I have in my head turns out exactly as I envisioned. When I saw the images in the Christmas Nested Frames & Occasions set, I wondered to myself whether or not I could use them to create a cozy holiday scene. I pulled out the stamps, along with a couple other fab holiday sets, and got to work. Before I "spill the beans" on how I created this card, I just want to point out that the garland on the fireplace is actually one of the border images! I simply inked it in on three sides. I then drew the mantle and fireplace around it. I was tickled to see that one of the smallest of the nested sentiments (my favorite) was the perfect size to make for a pretty framed picture above the fireplace. When I was finished, I really did feel that hearts do come home for the holidays.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from card stock.
- Trim patterned paper and adhere.
- Trim gray card stock and adhere.
- Trim white card stock and score; adhere. Trim card stock strip and adhere.
- Stamp three sides of holly border on card stock and color. Draw mantle and fireplace. Fussy cut and adhere with foam tape.
- Stamp border and sentiment on white card stock, color and adhere with foam tape.
- Stamp mini tree and wreathe. Fussy cut and adhere.
- Stamp stockings and color. Fussy cut and adhere with foam tape/glue.
- Border punch black card stock. Trim and adhere with glue.
- Stamps: Christmas Nested Frames & Occasions, Old Fashioned Christmas, and From Our House (JustRite Stampers)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko); Pure Poppy Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
- Card Stock: Basic Gray, Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!); Classic Solar White (Neenah)
- Patterned Paper: Thrift Shop Collection (October Afternoon)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic); Glitter Pen (Sakura); Metallic Pens (Sakura)
JustRite Inspiration Blog
- Tools: Picket Fence Edger Punch (Martha Stewart Crafts)
I hope you enjoyed my JustRite hop project. Now, for more holiday inspiration, visit the lovely Jennie's blog and, if you hop off for a bit, just hop back on using the list of links below!
Sally Lynn MacDonald