to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
My little boy shares a birthday with one of his friends, a sweet girl named Anna. She is the cutest, tiniest little thing and he will be attending her birthday party in a couple of weeks -- his first ever! I thought I would create a fun card for her and I was inspired by the Perfectly Placed Pleats Challenge over at Moxie Fab World. I wanted to try my hand at making something that could show off this easy and fun technique.
Since Anna is such a little thing, I thought it would be a cute contrast to make her a card starring something as huge as a whale. For my card, to help along my happy pleated whale, I pleated some clouds and the crests of the ocean waves and I hope my guy's wee friend has a whale of a good time on her special day! (BEAN TIP: If you are having trouble manipulating your paper into pleats, try a lighter weight stock.)
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from card stock.
- Die-cut scallop square. Adhere.
- Trim Marina Mist card stock. Adhere.
- Pleat white paper in a wave pattern. Adhere.
- Border punch card stock; stamp sentiment.
- Pleat card stock. Stamp whale and fussy cut. Adhere.
- Stamp spray.
- Pleat white paper. Die-cut clouds and adhere.
- Stamps: Critters in the Sea (Lawn Fawn)
- Ink: Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Card Stock: Marina Mist, Tempting Turquoise, Peach Parfait (Stampin' Up!); Computer paper
- Tools: Bigz Scallop Square (Sizzix); Dotted Wave Border Punch (EK Success); Clouds Die (PTI)