to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
Taylored Expressions Blast from the Past Blog Hop celebrating Christmas and the holidays, I thought I'd create a fun little decorative scene using the adorable stamps from the Holiday Wonder set.
To make this little house, I used the housefront stamp and simply stamped it twice to create the front and back (flip the trimmed second image over for a perfectly lined-up back panel.) For the walls, I used a marker to draw in the clapboards to match. The entire house sits on a "snowy" lot made from some adhesive-backed felt. For the roof, I border punched strips of scallops and added some sparkly Stickles. To decorate the house itself, I paper-pieced the door, windows, and curtains, cutting out the main window and added the wee Christmas tree. What house is ready for the holidays without some strung lights? A snowman greets hello, and the cute little mailbox is just waiting for some Christmas cards to arrive!
(No "Spilling the Beans" today, as I think it might get a bit too long. If you'd really like to make this little house yourself and want some step-by-step instructions, zip me an email and I'll be happy to oblige.)
- Stamps: Holiday Wonder (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Cardstock: Real Red, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
- Patterned Paper: Tinsel & Twig from the Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry Kit (TE)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic); 0.2 Black Multi-liner SP (Copic)
- Accents: Yellow and Diamond Stickles (Ranger)