to view the image up-close, please click on the photo
Ooooh, it's another Monday, though it's really a very special one at my house. Today my little rugrat turns three! I can hardly believe that he is already in school and getting so gosh darn big. We are actually celebrating in a couple weeks so that his Nana and Papa can be here with us, so I'm not celebrating with a birthday card for today's 2 Sketches 4 You Challenge, but am instead featuring a Christmas card using stamps from this week's fun sponsor. Though, I hope you will indulge my showing off a couple then and now pics of my sweet baby boy. By the way, beginning in November, you will have some fresh inspiration from two very talented ladies (Mona Pendleton and Julie Lacey) who are joining the 2S4Y Design Team alongside myself (thank you, Kazan and Laura for inviting me to continue on the team...it's been a blast!) So, if you have a chance, check out today's challenge in which the Card of the Week will win a cool prize.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim red cardstock strip; adhere.
- Ruffle ribbon (pull one stitch taut and gather edge.) Adhere with sticky tape.
- Trim patterned paper; mat and adhere.
- Stamp poinsettias on white cardstock. Accent with metallic marker. Stipple ink background. Apply rub-on sentiment. Die-cut and apply Liquid Pearls. Adhere with foam tape.
- Stamps: Poinsettia (Starving Artistamps)
- Ink: Real Red Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!)
- Rub-On: Chit-Chat (SU!)
- Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Real Red, Whisper White (SU!)
- Patterned Paper: Tinsel & Twig (Girls Paperie)
- Dies: Labels Seventeen Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Accents: Rouge Liquid Pearls (Ranger)
- Fibers: Pure Poppy Stitched Grosgrain (Papertrey Ink)
- Coloring Medium: Red Metallic Marker (Sakura)