Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tag, You're It! (TE Sneak Peek Day 3)...

to view an image up-close, please click on the photo




It's Day 3 of Sneak Peeks for Release Week at Taylored Expressions and I have a fun project to share with you today. I love receiving gifts that have duo uses. The one I created for today doubles as both a gift and an ornament! I was inspired by the uber-cute Tag...You're It! set of holiday-themed tag images, which will be released tomorrow. The cool thing about this set is that the tag images fit perfectly in the previously released Favor Frame Taylored Die, which makes creating home-made gift tags a breeze. I wanted to make a set of tags to give as a gift, which can then be hung on a tree. I was delighted with how it turned out and I'll be sharing  full details on how I created it below.


Begin by creating your tags. I made a half dozen, but you could easily fit a set of twelve in the little holder. Now, I found that one particular tag image worked really well with my idea to make an "ornament" tag holder: the adorable scalloped tag with the ornament (how's that for a perfect coincidence?) If you'd like to re-create the ornament I made, be sure to make one of these tags. To decorate my ornament, I used one of the fab large snowflakes from the soon-to-be released Winter Wonderland set and the coordinating Snowflake Taylored Die, along with the lovely patterned paper and pretty pearls included in the new Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry Kit.

SPILLING THE BEANS
*Please note that the template to the right may not print to the same dimensions listed below, but is more for visual guidance,
  1. Trim card stock to 1-3/4" x 3-1/4"
  2. Score at 1/4" in vertically and horizontally from edges.
  3. Score 1-1/2" horizontally and again at 1-3/4" horizontally. 
  4. Cut 1/4" in at 1-1/2" and at 1-3/4" on left and right.
  5. Fold at score lines and assemble tag holder with glue.
  6. Die cut circles from card stock. Decorate.
  7. Adhere gold cord to back circle.
  8. Adhere circles to assembled tag holder.
BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: Tag...You're It! and Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expressions)
  • Dye Ink: Memento Lady Bug (Tsukineko)
  • Card Stock: Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry (TE)
  • Patterned Paper: Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry, "Tinsel & Twig" (Girls Paperie)
  • Fibers: Gold Cord (Stampin' Up!)
  • Accents: Red Pearls from Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry (TE)
  • Tools: Oval Punch (EK Success)
HAPPY BEANS
I had so much fun creating this little gift tag set. Don't forget to check out the eye candy created by the rest of the Baker's Dozen! Tomorrow is Release Day and I hope you'll join me for one more project that's sure to be good eatin'!

The Baker's Dozen

12 comments:

Karen Giron said...

Love it!! An ornament tag box?? Brilliant!! This is so clever!

Jodi Collins said...

OOOOOH! What an AWESOME idea and perfect execution! This is FAB and I am SO going to case this!!!

Jami said...

Super super clever!!! Love it!!! And I'm with Jodi on the CASEing thing! ;)

Ann Schach said...

Cute idea! Love the ornament box! Thanks for sharing the details!

Patti MacLeith said...

Cute idea!

Nancy said...

This is such a clever idea, Regina. Everyone is going to want those tags!

Karen Motz said...

Holy cuteness Batman!!!! I love love LOVE that little ornament holder and also how you coloured around the outer edge of the holly tag...gorgeous!!!!

Melissa Sauls said...

Oh how genius is this?!?! LOVE that your holder looks like an ornament and THANK YOU for the little tutorial!!! Your tags are beautiful too!

Sankari W. said...

LOVE every single one of your fabulous creations Regina!! This is beyond the beyond gorgeous!!! What a clever idea Regina!!!! And each one of your tags is simply beautiful!!!
Big hugs,
Sankari :)

Susan Mangum said...

Beautiful tags, and the holder that's an ornament, too---so clever! xoxoxo

Carla said...

I love this clever ornament/tag holder. I love the bright cheery colors too. Hugs,

Tasha said...

Wow abslutely fabulous, i love the ornament idea - perfect
love tasha xx