to view an image up-close, please click on the photo
Taylored Expressions and I have a fun project to share with you today. I love receiving gifts that have duo uses. The one I created for today doubles as both a gift and an ornament! I was inspired by the uber-cute Tag...You're It! set of holiday-themed tag images, which will be released tomorrow. The cool thing about this set is that the tag images fit perfectly in the previously released Favor Frame Taylored Die, which makes creating home-made gift tags a breeze. I wanted to make a set of tags to give as a gift, which can then be hung on a tree. I was delighted with how it turned out and I'll be sharing full details on how I created it below.
Begin by creating your tags. I made a half dozen, but you could easily fit a set of twelve in the little holder. Now, I found that one particular tag image worked really well with my idea to make an "ornament" tag holder: the adorable scalloped tag with the ornament (how's that for a perfect coincidence?) If you'd like to re-create the ornament I made, be sure to make one of these tags. To decorate my ornament, I used one of the fab large snowflakes from the soon-to-be released Winter Wonderland set and the coordinating Snowflake Taylored Die, along with the lovely patterned paper and pretty pearls included in the new Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry Kit.
SPILLING THE BEANS
*Please note that the template to the right may not print to the same dimensions listed below, but is more for visual guidance,
- Trim card stock to 1-3/4" x 3-1/4"
- Score at 1/4" in vertically and horizontally from edges.
- Score 1-1/2" horizontally and again at 1-3/4" horizontally.
- Cut 1/4" in at 1-1/2" and at 1-3/4" on left and right.
- Fold at score lines and assemble tag holder with glue.
- Die cut circles from card stock. Decorate.
- Adhere gold cord to back circle.
- Adhere circles to assembled tag holder.
- Stamps: Tag...You're It! and Winter Wonderland (Taylored Expressions)
- Dye Ink: Memento Lady Bug (Tsukineko)
- Card Stock: Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry (TE)
- Patterned Paper: Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry, "Tinsel & Twig" (Girls Paperie)
- Fibers: Gold Cord (Stampin' Up!)
- Accents: Red Pearls from Tinsel & Twig Project Pantry (TE)
- Tools: Oval Punch (EK Success)
I had so much fun creating this little gift tag set. Don't forget to check out the eye candy created by the rest of the Baker's Dozen! Tomorrow is Release Day and I hope you'll join me for one more project that's sure to be good eatin'!
The Baker's Dozen