|to view an image up-close, please click on a photo|
I am not usually a coffee drinker (I guzzle green tea by the gallon!) but I LOVE the smell of coffee. However, I know a lot of folk to whom coffee is like nectar, and a gift card to a certain monolithic mega-corporation that peddles this liquid gold is always a welcome treat. For Day 3 of this week's Taylored Expressions Release Week, I've got a fun way to package these coveted little cards using the soon-to-be released set, Enjoy! and an actual cup from the "shop on every corner." Plus, there is a totally cool coordinating die, so I can easily make enough of these to satisfy all my caffeine-addicted friends!
Now, since I don't usually drink coffee, you might ask where I got the coffee cup? Well, I DO drink hot cocoa, and the kid's hot chocolate is the perfect size for this gift packaging. A little devious hint: ask for a second cup and lid when you roder and you will have a clean cup to work with! If you are wondering what this strange photo is on the left, it's just a little strip of cardstock folded into a triangle to give your gift card something to "sit" on. Now, shall I spill the "coffee" beans?
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Adhere ribbon around cup.
- Stamp frame, color with marker, and die-cut. Stamp sentiment. Adhere with sticky tape.
- Tie ribbon and adhere.
- Stamp coffee cup, color with marker, and adhere with foam tape.
- Apply liquid dimensionals.
- Trim 1/4 inch wide strip of cardstock; fold into triangle. Adhre to inside bottom of cup.
- Trim circle approx. 1/2 inch larger than diapeter of cup's lip and snip 1/2 inch in all the way around circle. Fold down flaps.
- Using hobby blade, cut slit in circle.
- Apply glue to flaps and adhere circle to cup. Insert gift card and replace lid.
- Stamps: Enjoy! (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up!); Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko)
- Cardstock: Pear Pizazz, Whisper White (SU!)
- Fibers: Certainly Celery Twill Ribbon (SU!)
- Accents: Lettuce Liquid Dimensionals (Adirondack)
- Coloring Medium: YG93 Sketch Marker (Copic)
- Dies: Gift Card Frame Die (TE)
- Coffee Cup & Lid (Starbucks)
I hope you enjoyed my little homage to coffee drinkers around the world. Enjoy! and the coordinating die will be available from Taylored Expressions this Thursday, November 4. For more gifty goodness, be sure to check out the rest of the Baker's Dozen and ENJOY the rest of your day!
The Baker's Dozen