Thursday, November 4, 2010

My Cup of Tea...Taylored Expressions Release Day!...

to view an image up-close, please click on a photo

As I mentioned earlier this week, I am a tea drinker. So, for today's Taylored Expressions Release Day (woo-hoo!) I thought I would celebrate the pale cousin of coffee with a fun card that is also a gift for tea drinkers like myself. I used the super-cute From the Heart and From the Heart Funnies to make this on-the-go tea bag wallet and card.


In case you are curious, I used a 6X6 sheet of patterned paper to create the tea bag wallet. To hold it all together, I used the fabulous coordinating From the Heart Frame Die and a little circle of clear velcro. 


The above template is not to scale, but should serve as a visual guide for creating the teabag wallet. Dashed lines signify score and fold lines.

BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: From the Heart and From the Heart Funnies (Taylored Expressions)
  • Ink: Really Rust Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!); Whisper White Craft (SU!)
  • Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Riding Hood Red (SU!)
  • Patterned Paper: Togetherness (Cosmo Cricket)
  • Tools: Small Heart Punch (SU!)
  • Fibers: Hemp Twine (generic)
HAPPY BEANS
  • Die: From the Heart Frame (TE)
  • Velcro Circle (Velcro)
I hope that I have inspired you this week with some fun and easy-to-make gift packaging ideas. Don't forget to drop by the rest of the Baker's Dozen for more yummy inspiration. The TE store opens at 11AM EST and have a wonderful, fabulous day!

The Baker's Dozen

13 comments:

Martha said...

This is just adorable! I'm a tea drinker too and always love giving tea related items. Thanks for the instructions. I would love to recreate this.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is absolutely fabulous! Like Martha, I will be making a few of these for hostess gifts! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mary Fish said...

love the template and your sweet little "line" of hearts. hugs, m

Roxanne said...

Great looking template; love the colors and the stamps! Such a creative project and so inspirational! Thanks so much!

Karen Motz said...

Love that little "holder for the tea bag holder"!!!! The chain of hearts is adorable!!!!!

Pam~ said...

This is fabulous! You are the queen of coming up with cool cards! Love it!

Jodi Collins said...

How absolutely FAB Regina! LOVE this holder and the heart garland is SO darling!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Regina! Super cute card! Love the heart garland and pocket! Thanks for sharing the tutorial!

Danielle L. said...

So Fab! Love the little garland of hearts and the fun teabag holder.

Jami said...

Adorable! Love this clever little idea. I know several tea drinkers who would appreciate one of these!

Carla said...

Oh so cool!!! I love the pocket, your colors and esp the chain of hearts. Just fabulous!!! Hugs,

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is just so clever, Regina! I LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is sooo wonderful! I love the template! The colors are just beautiful! TFS!!!!