|to view an image up-close, please click on the photo|
I have been saddened by some news around the card-making world, news of the passing of the loved ones of more than one talented and kind paper-crafting friend. Sympathy for someone else's loss is something that sets us apart as human beings and the one thing any of us can offer is love and friendship. I have been lucky enough to still have many of my dearest friends and family still with me, and so I thought I'd make a card for those in need of a kind thought at a difficult time in the hope that it might bring someone a small bit of comfort.
This week's Friday Challenge: Show Your Support is in honor of one of its own design team members, Becca Feeken, who recently lost her husband. Jen Tapler, my own fellow design team member at Clear & Simple Stamps, just lost her father to Alzheimer's. I wanted to show them I'm thinking of them with this card, and I was inspired by the soft, pretty colors at the Play Date Cafe Challenge. May anyone going through a rough time right now find a little peace and comfort.
- Stamps: My Garden and Cherish the Memories Nested Frames & Sentiments (JustRite Stampers)
- Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Groovy Guava (Stampin' Up!); Classic Solar White (Neenah)
- Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (Tsukineko)
- Templates: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft)
- Dies: Classic Circle and Lacey Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinders)
- Accents: Pearls (KaiserCraft)
- Coloring Medium: Sketch Markers (Copic)