|to view the image up-close, please click on the photo|
Well, after a completely crazy weekend of toddlers and cake, my son's third birthday is finally over! I don't know if I am sad or relieved. The best therapy? What else? Make a card. So, the perfect excuse was this week's cool sketch from the lovely Laura at 2 Sketches For You. I got to use some pretty stamps and a stencil (something new to try!) Need some mojo in your day? Head over to 2S4Y and give it a whirl...you just might win a prize, but, if anything, you'll find a good reason to create.
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim cardstock. Stamp "JOY" and ornament.
- Sponge ink using stencil. Trim.
- Emboss cardstock. Sweep ink pad lightly over raised dots. Trim.
- Adhere all three panels onto red cardstock. Adhere ribbon.
- Trim white cardstock. Border punch and adhere.
- Adhere panel sheet onto card.
- Stamps: Fruitful Harvest (Layers of Color); alphabet clear stamps (Anna Griffin)
- Ink: Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
- Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
- Templates: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft); Botanical Swirls Stencil (Layers of Color)
- Fibers: Real Red Taffeta Ribbon (SU!)