Monday, November 8, 2010

JOY...

to view the image up-close, please click on the photo

Well, after a completely crazy weekend of toddlers and cake, my son's third birthday is finally over! I don't know if I am sad or relieved. The best therapy? What else? Make a card. So, the perfect excuse was this week's cool sketch from the lovely Laura at 2 Sketches For You. I got to use some pretty stamps and a stencil (something new to try!) Need some mojo in your day? Head over to 2S4Y and give it a whirl...you just might win a prize, but, if anything, you'll find a good reason to create.

SPILLING THE BEANS
  1. Make card from cardstock.
  2. Trim cardstock. Stamp "JOY" and ornament. 
  3. Sponge ink using stencil. Trim.
  4. Emboss cardstock. Sweep ink pad lightly over raised dots. Trim.
  5. Adhere all three panels onto red cardstock. Adhere ribbon.
  6. Trim white cardstock. Border punch and adhere.
  7. Adhere panel sheet onto card.
BEAN NOTES
  • Stamps: Fruitful Harvest (Layers of Color); alphabet clear stamps (Anna Griffin)
  • Ink: Fresh Snow Hybrid (Papertrey Ink)
  • Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
  • Templates: Swiss Dots Embossing Folder (ProvoCraft); Botanical Swirls Stencil (Layers of Color)
HAPPY BEANS
  • Fibers: Real Red Taffeta Ribbon (SU!)


8 comments:

Laurie said...

Regina this is gorgeous! Love the monochromatic look here! The layers are just perfect! This was my first time to use a stencil too! I really like how it turned out!!

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty monochromatic card! Love the stencil work too!

Mary Fish said...

Love the red and the pretty panels. Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Lovely, Regina! I love the texture and the separation of the panels with the ribbon! The texture is fabulous!

Monica K. said...

This is very cool!! I like how you layered the patterns.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Regina! Love the classic red & white color combo!

Carla said...

I love your card and I'm making one just like it!!! I love your panels!!! Your stenciling is so cool. I haven't done that yet, but am anxious to. That scalloped edge really pops for me. Beautiful. Hugs,

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Pretty card. Red and white are prefect holiday colors and work so well with the mixed patterns.