|to view the image up-close, please click on the photo|
My fabulous MIL, Susan, is celebrating her birthday next week and I wanted to make a nice card for her. It was a bit tricky, as she is here in New York visiting for the rugrat's birthday! At least I know she won't be checking her email today while she is here, but just in case I won't mention the gift that we got her. Let's just say that it's a fun one for a fan of Taylored Expressions (which she is!) and it's perfect for a crafty lady like herself.
For this card, I was inspired by this week's Mojo Monday sketch and this pretty paper and accents from the TE Key Ingredients subscription from a couple months back. I also used the Take Note set and coordinating frame die (cut in half) for the flourished element on the sketch. Happy, happy birthday to my lovely and talented mom-in-law...can't wait to see what you create!
SPILLING THE BEANS
- Make card from cardstock.
- Trim patterned paper. Mat and tie on ribbon; attach button. Adhere.
- Trim cardstock strip; mat. Adhere butterflies and adhere.
- Stamp frame border and sentiment. Die-cut and adhere with foam tape.
- Stamps: Take Note and For the Love of Cupcakes (Taylored Expressions)
- Ink: Pear Pizazz Classic Dye (Stampin' Up!)
- Cardstock: Bazzil textured paper from the August Key Ingredients Kit (TE)
- Patterned Paper: Walk in the Park (Echo Park)
- Accents: Butterflies and button from the August Key Ingredients Kit (TE)
- Fibers: Brown grosgrain ribbon (generic)
- Dies: Take Note Die 1 (TE)